Friday, October 4, 2013

Rounding Numbers... Who knew it was so hard!!!???

When we started rounding numbers, we began with 2 digit numbers.  "NO PROBLEM" was the comment I heard from all of my 4th graders.  We moved on to 3 digit.  I got the same response.  I was so proud... Maybe this year will be easier!!!  WRONG!!!  We struggled.  I would model, have the kids work in groups, work them out, share on the projector, share on the board, share, share, share....  And on independent assignments, even my best rounders would bomb it!  So I found a neat little sheet on www.teacherspayteachers.com.  I printed it out and shared it with my students.  FINALLY, we caught on to this whole rounding idea.
www.teacherspayteachers.com

In the words of Olivia Smith:  "5 or more, raise the score!  4 or less, let it rest!"

No comments:

Post a Comment