Monday, October 21, 2013

Quote of the day...

"When you estimate, you use compatible numbers."  --Ethan Ball

Friday's math lesson was about finding compatible numbers when dividing so problems could be computed mentally.  We talked about what compatible means.  Several students brought up www.eharmony.com!!!  LOL!!!  But, it was relevant, I was able to connect it to math without veering too far towards online dating...

Anyway, after we discussed estimating, Ethan Ball raised his hand and made his quote.  This was EXACTLY what I was looking for with this lesson!

I am so proud of my students.  They are moving so fast through math, they are understanding deeper, and I have some students teaching others who had a hard time with basic facts just a few weeks ago!





No comments:

Post a Comment