Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fall Festival....I am so excited!!!

I have been overwhelmed by how much help we have gotten for the Fall Festival.  We wanted to do a different raffle this year.  Usually we ask area businesses for a small donation so that we can raffle $100.  A hundred dollars is not what it used to be.  So, since all of the 4th grade teachers are big on family and family activities, we planned on putting together a basket to engage families in doing things together.  I suggested "Movie Night", since my kids and I enjoy popping popcorn and watching movies.  MY OH MY AT THE RESPONSE WE HAVE GOTTEN!!  I never dreamed that so many parents would help to donate items to our basket.  We have 10 DVDs, cases of sodas, boxes (Yes, boxes) of popcorn, lots of chips, 2 Halloween fleece throws (thanks, Beka Smith), and bags and boxes of candy. AND, my sweet husband is heading to Batesville to pick up 4 family tickets to the Melba.  I am not sure I will have a basket large enough to put all of these things into!  That is a problem that I don't care to have.  We will figure it out and make it beautiful!  Here is a before shot:


I will post an after picture tomorrow.

This makes me want to win this basket!  Chances are 3/$1.00!!  Pretty cheap for a huge basket of goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment